EcoFair Marin is the second annual community celebration to inspire a healthy and sustainable Marin. For more information about the event, go to Event Details.
In 2009, the City of San Rafael developed a groundbreaking Climate Change Action Plan to acknowledge local greenhouse gas emissions and set about reducing them. The report recommended creating a local sustainability event to bring together businesses, nonprofits and the community to celebrate and advance sustainability efforts.
A group of volunteers, some from the Climate Change Action Plan committee, formed EcoMarin in 2010 to plan the event. To honor Marin County’s rich heritage of innovative environmental stewardship and create an inclusive and diverse program, the Executive Committee has partnered with national green event producer Seven-Star, Inc.
Over the past year, the following committee members have brought their expertise, time and passion to the process of hosting EcoFair Marin.
- Bob Brown – Former Community Development Director, City of San Rafael
- Julie Dashiell – Program Assistant, Tam District Community Education
- Susan Deluxe – Founder, Earth Angels Green Cleaning
- Lillie Dignan – Web Design & Marketing, The Bright Studio
- Paul Ferreri – Founder, Blossom Investment Management
- David Heckadon – Green Technology Attorney, Gordon & Rees LLC
- Kay Karchevski – Distributor, Multi-Pure Water Filters
- Bonnie Ayers Namkung – Principal, Namkung Marketing Communications
- Devi Peri – Education Coordinator, Marin Sanitary Service
- Claire Fitzgerald – Sustainable Communities Associate, Strategic Energy Innovations
- Erica Williams – Development Consultant